Aboriginal Cultural Tour
Karrke Aboriginal Cultural Experience and Tours is a one-of-a-kind authentic aboriginal cultural experience. Our 1‑hour tour is a short walk and talk on areas of importance in our cultural knowledge on bush tucker and bush medicines used for spiritual and healing and a lot more, as used by the Luritja and Pertame (Southern Aranda) people.
In our shaded seating areas, you learn about;
- Seasonal bush tucker food, including the Witchetty Grub!
- Mai (meaning food in the Luritja language) edible tree seeds and grass seeds and the important grinding stones.
- Explanation of an Aboriginal dot painting in great detail.
- Local wood made Aboriginal artefacts
- An impressive large scale display of various other seeds of trees gathered from our region
- Bush medicine plants and their uses by our Aboriginal people.
**Please note that all bush foods presented we do not recommend anybody eat them it will be at their own risk taking.**
Photographs are very welcome. We respectfully ask that there be NO filming and or voice recording on the tour.
What to Bring?
- We do have very warm days in summer (December to February) so bring a fly net, cool and comfortable clothes and closed in footwear
- A water bottle to keep hydrated
- Sunscreen and a hat
- During our winter months (June-August) it does get cool do rug yourself up for the outdoors weather.
- A camera to take those amazing shots of your experience with us!
- Shaded areas and seating
- immersive cultural displays across all our tour areas
- An amazing authentic Aboriginal cultural experience suitable to everyone
- Lots of smiles and friendliness by our cultural tour guides
- local art and crafts, paintings for purchase.
Dates & Times
Duration: 1 hour
Tours operate Wednesday to Sunday from 01 February to 31 October.
Departing tour times from: 9:00am, 10:30am, 2:00pm & 4:00pm
Prices are displayed in AUD GST included and subject to change.